Friday 30 March 2018

Bakewell Pattern Round 9+

Hello Everyone! 

Wow, it's been quite a while since the last post - plenty of time to get lovely feedback from you all on how the Bakewell Blanket pattern has been working out :D

Loads and loads of you have been making and sharing such beautiful Bakewells and it's so so lovely to see them - I get excited seeing each one and it seems more than a little bit crazy that people all over the world are using our pattern! Recently we have been contacted by a little craft shop in South Africa who are going to run a Bakewell class - how mad is that?! Feel like a very niche celeb, hehe

Some of you have been getting stuck at round 9, which is where the pattern basically says... 'and now keep going as before' so I've written out instructions for the next several rounds to help those who could do with a little more guidance - also, watch this space for a pattern chart which Jen is hoping to do sometime in the near future :) Do feel free to contact us via social media or email (details are on the Bakewell pattern) if you need further help - it's difficult to have a conversation and give good help via the blog comments, it gets a bit unwieldy!

Here are rounds 9-14 which will hopefully help you all zoom through the pattern <3

TOP TIP: if you keep following where the next chain space should appear to make up the diamond pattern, you’ll find it hard to go wrong!

Round 9:
·         Ch 3, skip a stitch, 11 tr, ch 1, 1 tr, corner pattern
·         1 tr, ch 1, 11 tr, ch 1, 3 tr, ch 1, 11 tr, ch 1, 1 tr, corner pattern – repeat for 3 sides
·         1 tr, ch 1, 11 tr, 2 tr and join to 2nd starting chain

Round 10:
·         Ch 2, 4 tr, ch 1, 7 tr, ch 1, 5 tr, corner pattern
·         5 tr, ch 1, 7 tr, ch 1, 7 tr, ch 1, 7 tr, ch 1, 5 tr, corner pattern – repeat for 3 sides
·         5 tr, ch 1, 7 tr, ch 1, 3 tr, ch 1, 6 tr, join to 2nd starting chain

Round 11:
·         Ch 2, 4 tr, ch 1, 3 tr, ch 1, 9 tr, corner pattern
·         9 tr, ch 1, 3 tr, ch 1, 11 tr, ch 1, 3 tr, ch 1, 9 tr, corner pattern – repeat for 3 sides
·         9 tr, ch 1, 3 tr, ch 1, 6 tr, join to 2nd starting chain

Round 12:
·         Ch 2, bobble, 6 tr, ch 1, 7 tr, bobble, 4 tr, corner pattern 
·         5 tr, bobble, 6 tr, ch 1, 7 tr, bobble, 6 tr, ch 1, 7 tr, bobble, 4 tr, corner pattern – repeat for 3 sides
·         5 tr, bobble, 6 tr, ch 1, 6 tr, join to 2nd starting chain

Round 13:
·         Ch 2, 4 tr, ch 1, 3 tr, ch 1, 11 tr, ch 1, 1 tr, corner pattern
·         1 tr, ch 1, 11 tr, ch 1, 3 tr, ch 1, 11 tr, ch 1, 3 tr, ch 1, 11 tr, ch 1, 1 tr, corner pattern – repeat for 3 sides
·         1 tr, ch 1, 11 tr, ch 1, 3 tr, ch 1, 6 tr, join to 2nd starting chain

Round 14:
·         Ch 2, 4 tr, ch 1, 7 tr, ch 1, 7 tr, ch 1, 5 tr, corner pattern
·         5 tr, ch 1, 7 tr, ch 1, 7 tr, ch 1, 7 tr, ch 1, 7 tr, ch 1, 7 tr, ch 1, 5 tr, corner pattern – repeat for 3 sides

·         5 tr, ch 1, 7 tr, ch 1, 7 tr, ch 1, 2 tr, join to 2nd starting chain.

Happy crochetting!

Jen & Chlo

xx

13 comments:

  1. Really needed this, I almost gave up. So glad I found this in time, cause it's an amazing pattern! I'd suggest just adding these extra stitches to the regular pattern. It took awhile for me to find this explanation. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am stuck on round 9, I just found this explanation which is a major help BUT I dont think my blanket will be a full blanket size after round 14. I anticipate I'll need more rounds to make it big enough. I am using a light weight yarn and one hook size smaller to get the look I want. So how do I adjust the pattern to keep going after round 14?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yep, me, too! 😂 I attempted to wing it thinking that I knew what I was doing and it turns out that I am a little bit lost

      Delete
  3. Has a pattern chart been written? I'm on day 4 of being stumped at Round 9, and after a handful of searches for a chart, I thankfully came across this post.
    A chart would be SUPER helpful!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm going to try to find you on IG, but if you see this before then, I am stuck on round 10. I figured out round 9 after 4 tries but I really need things charted or written out as I'm very visual. Thanks, Margret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi... do we skip a stitch after the chain 1 at the corners in round 9? Please reply to earthandoil@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a million!! What a life saver!!! Was going to give up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is the a chart that I can use

    ReplyDelete